Marta De Wulf
Top Health Family Apps for 2014January 6, 2014
Top health family apps for 2014
Smash Your Food
As I look back through the year’s blogs, I find helpful tips for the New Year:
- Start your day with a healthy breakfast.
- It can take up to 8-10 exposures of a new food for anyone to like it.
- Practice mindful eating.
- Have a vegetable at lunch and strive for two at dinner.
- Portion control – recheck your plate.
- Remember being active is just as important as healthy eating.
- Keep in check screen time.
- Reach for water, not the sugar sweetened beverages.
- Check out the below Apps – some help to expose your kids to healthy food.
- Log your intakes and physical activity. A diary keeps you honest with what you put into your mouth. And, it can help with achieving your exercise goals!
The below list provides you with start-up suggestions for smart phone & tablet FREE apps. The availability of apps constantly changes and many good ones exist that did not make this list. Please do an extensive review of a product before purchasing and complete your own search to see what is new. Created and provided by dietitians at Dayton Children’s.
- See more at: http://blog.childrensdayton.org/top-health-family-apps-for-2014/#sthash.WFlGn6B0.dpuf